Here in New York, the fresh red cherries are abundant and scrumptious!
So I decided to whip up a quick, healthy pudding that included fresh cherries, it's super easy to make.
Chia seeds are very nutritious, an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which rasie HDL cholestrerol (the good cholesterol that protects against stroke and heart attacks.) They are rich in antioxidants which reduce inflammation and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
Chia Cherry-Chocolate Summer Pudding
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup organic Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, halved and with pits removed
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- Put 1/2 cup of milk in a small bowl, add the cocoa powder and stir until blended and there are no lumps (use a teaspoon or small whisk to break up the lumps.) Add mix to the remaining milk.
- Mix all ingredients except the yogurt in large bowl
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight
- Divide into individual bowls and add a scoop of yogurt and a few extra cherries.