How to Use a Hemp Sprouting Bag
Posted by on
Hemp Sprouting Bags are easy to use and keep clean, just follow the directions below. Our bags are hand made by a local small business.
1.The FDA recommends sanitizing your seeds. You can do this easily by mixing 1 ounce of regular household bleach with 10 ounces of water. Soak the seeds in this mixture for 5 minutes then rinse them 3 times with fresh water. After this procedure you can begin the process of sprouting. This is only a recommendation. You can also use ½ teaspoon of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to 16 ounces of water. Soak for 5 minutes, rinse well.
2. The Hemp Sprouting Bag can be used to sprout Beans and Grains. Use this method for Green Pea, Bean Mix, Lentil, Mung, Garbanzo, Rye, Hard and Soft Wheat, Red Pea, and Barley. Any type of bean or grain. Soak the beans or grains in a jar or bowl overnight about 8 to 10 hours. You will need 3 times as much water as beans or grains. The soaking process is very important. It tells the seeds that it is time to wake up and start to sprout. This is a good time to add a few drops of liquid kelp fertilizer.
3. Prepare your Hemp Sprouting Bag by soaking it in fresh water for a few minutes. Pour the soaked beans or grains into the wet bag over a sink. Pull the drawstring closed. Always hang your bag and let the water drip. It should only take a few minutes. Never lay the bag on a plate, counter or dish rack.
4. Twice a day take the bag and rinse it under the faucet or dip it into a bowl of fresh water. You can add a few drops of liquid kelp fertilizer to your rinsing water. Rinse or dip for 30 seconds twice each day. Don't forget to give your beans or grains a massage when you rinse them. This helps with air circulation and keeps the sprouts from weaving into the fabric too much. Remember to rinse 2 times everyday to prevent mold and fungus. If you need to go away, you can store them in the bag in the refrigerator temporarily.
5. Most varieties of beans and grains are ready to eat in 3 to 5 days. You can store mature sprouts in the bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 or 2 weeks. A good bath and massage every few days will keep them happy.
6. You can take your mature sprouts in the bag with you to work and on walks and hiking trips. Eat the sprouts directly from the bag! Enjoy!
7. Take care of your hemp sprouting bag by turning it inside out and rinsing it under hot running water. Do not use soap or detergent or bleach with your hemp bag. If you need to, you can sterilize it in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Then it is ready to use again!
Hemp Bags and Hemp Bag Sprouting kits are available here http://bit.ly/2tKV8Ck
By Sprout Lady Rita