This roasted garbanzo bean snack is a delicious, healthy alternative to chips and crackers. Feel free to use your own choice of favorite spices and herbs. This recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 2 cups of dry garbanzo beans
- 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp dry cilantro herb
- Soak 2 cups of dry garbanzo beans for 12 hours, drain the soak water away.
- In a saucepan with fresh water, boil the beans for an hour or until they are tender. Drain the water away so the beans are quite dry.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the beans and other ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Tip the beans into a large dish (9”x13” is ideal) so they are in one layer.
- Bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes until they are crisp and crunchy.
- Serve immediately.