This soup recipe is slightly sweet, the crisp sprouts contrast nicely with the smooth texture of the soup.
- 1 Tbsp olive oli
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- A handful of your favorite sprouts for topping, I used Fenugreek sprouts
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions & fry until soft.
- Add the garlic, fry I minute.
- Add the squash, stock, pepper and thyme.
- Simmer until the squash is tender.
- Using a blender or potato masher break up the squash pieces until the soup is smooth, and all ingredients are blended.
- Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with some sprouts.
Interested in growing your own Fenugreek sprouts? Click here to check out the seeds