If you're like me, you love fresh salsa because it's perfect for light summer meals, especially as a BBQ side dish.
Here's the best salsa recipe I know, it calls for one cup of alfalfa sprouts and one cup of mung sprouts. Feel free to substitute any of your favorite home grown sprouts. This recipe makes about eight servings.
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh mung sprouts
- 1 cup of fresh alfalfa sprouts
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
Directions for Making Salsa
Add all the ingredients in a bowl and stir briefly to combine the flavors. Serve with pita bread chips or your favorite crackers.
We have a wide variety of organic seeds for growing sprouts at home, search here Home
Follow The Sprout House on Instagram and Facebook.