This is a question that comes up often.
“what seeds can I grow in a mason jar sprouter?”
Here’s a list of some easy-to-grow seeds for mason jar sprouting.
- Alfalfa – a tiny seed that grows into a delicate leafy sprout with a mild, slightly sweet flavor.
- Mung – a small green bean that grows a juicy white root. Harvest at the root stage before the stem and leaves grow, eat the bean and the root.
- Radish – a small seed that grows into a leafy sprout with a spicy, peppery kick.
- Adzuki – A small reddish bean with a creamy texture and sweetish taste. Harvest at the root stage before a stem and leaves grow, eat the bean and the root.
- Clover – a small seed with a mild flavor and juicy leaves and stem.
- Lentil (french, green or red) – a mild tasting sprout, harvest at the small root stage and eat the entire thing.
- Garbanzo – These delicious bean sprouts have a crunchy texture and nutty flavor. Harvest at the root stage before a stem and leaves grow, eat the bean and the root.
- Fenugreek – these sprouts smell like maple syrup when they are growing, a lovely medium sized leafy sprout.
- Hulled sunflower – these are sunflowers without the shell, they have a slight crispy texture and that unique sunflower flavor. Harvest at the root stage before a stem and leaves grow, eat the seed and the root.
Try growing some of our sprout mixes in a mason jar, easy-to-grow choices are:
- 1 Doz. Mixes – 12 sample sizes (about 2oz each) of our most popular mixes.
- 1 Doz. Seeds - 12 sample sizes (about 2oz each) of our most popular mixes.
- Spring Time Mix – green pea and garbanzo.
- Lentils Together – three varieties of lentils, french, green and red.
- Sprout Lady Rita's Fav Bean – Eight different seeds, beans, and grains.
- Sol’s High Power Protein Bean - mung, lentil, and garbanzo.
- Mustard Tasty Lentil – mustard, lentil, alfalfa, and clover.
Here is a summary of how to sprout each seed Sprouting Chart
If you have any sprouting related questions, send an email to email@example.com