Sprout Lady Rita says: This a really good product. It holds tons of water. While doing one of my first experiments with this I had to leave the trays for almost 3 days without anyone home to water them. My grass was still growing and not dehydrated at all even with being ignored. That impressed me. A down side, however, is that they are messy and fall apart easily when wet. Which is probably good for composting and lends to its degradability. With water pressure, the fibers fall apart. Do not expect to grow in this medium and then move your product. Not going to happen.
Micro-Mats Grow Pads - Hydroponic Medium for Wheatgrass, Microgreens, and More
- Perfect for Hydroponic growing
- Fits 20" x 10" growing trays
- Ideal for: microgreens, micro herbs, pea shoots, wheatgrass, barley grass, & more
- Produced from sustainably harvested wood
- Free from plastic and synthetic fibers
- Product approved for use in Organic Systems
- Organic Farmers & Growers Standards
- Made with wood fibers
- Fully compostable
- High water holding capacity
- Sold in packs of 10
Micro-Mats from are perfect for those looking to grow wheatgrass, barley grass, microgreens, or other plants, without the hassle of dealing with soil. These mats are made from sustainable harvested wood fiber that is 100% fully compostable.
Available in packs of 10, they fit easily into 20" x 10" trays, and allow you to grow all your favorite grasses and microgreens with the same methods you would grow them in soil. Being made of porous wood fibers, these mats absorb much more water than traditional hydroponic mats, which provides a much more consistent environment for growing seeds.